Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Battle Rorqual

So I'm waiting out GCC in my Drake and safed up in Auro, I'm scanning and I see a Rorqual towards Propel Dynamics. A Minute later he's on scan by Merc Club. Then off scan. A minute later back on scan. He's obviously warping between stations. No cyno up or anything. Thinking it would be funny to go mess with it, I warp in to the undock. Sure enough the Rorqual is sitting there, aligning to Propel Dynamics. Then this frigging thing redboxes me. I was stunned for a second but called out on comms for everyone to ship up and help me kill this idiot in the giant mining ship. This is the end of Hulkageddon after all, and that would be a nice cap off to great week of ganking mining ships.

Several seconds later I am in high structure spamming the dock button. I'm being neuted, webbed, scrammed, tracking disrupted, and chewed alive by Ogre II's. I manage to get docked just as Reno lands to point this guy and I ship up to a neut Domi. Tek and Croc are on the way from Dant with more BS's. NOW it's time to kill this fool.

As I'm undocking in what I think is a clever choice for this fight I hear Reno on comms, "I'm dying, uhhh, I can't kill his drones, what the hell, I can't get away, this thing is killing me". Not good. Undocked now, I drop neuts and drones on this overpriced barge. Reno barely gets out on fire. Tek and Croc still on the way. Surely THIS will be the end of this fight.

25 seconds later I'm deaggressed and spamming the dock button. I'm Neuted to death, my drones can't kill his, and my mega-buffer tank is melting like ice cream in the summer sun. Once again in structure I get docked, just barely. Tek and Croc still on the way. This is not going according to plan.

Meanwhile local is steadily growing, 20+ in local, all 0.0 people. Things are looking a little dim at this point. I wave Tek and Croc off, who are still "on the way". Now this silly guy in the overpriced mining barge is camping US in. He's dual SEBO fit and anything bigger than a frigate get's insta locked. Fun times. :roll:

Anyway... A link to this guy's battle Rorqual fit. http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=10840610

No comments:

Post a Comment